We believe in:
- The supreme authority of the Old and New Testaments as originally given. Every word was inspired by God through human authors and is without error and fully reliable in fact and in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The one true God, who exists eternally in three distinct but equal persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. That God is the Creator and Saviour who sustains and governs all things according to His sovereign will.
- The Lord Jesus Christ – fully God and fully man – who died on the cross in the place of sinners, bearing God’s punishment for their sin.
- Salvation as a work of God’s grace which cannot be earned or deserved. All who believe in Christ are justified by faith alone.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in uniting us with Christ through the new birth and producing in us an increasing likeness to Christ. It is the Holy Spirit who empowers us for ministry and worship.
- The universal Church which has Christ as its Head. It is made visible in local churches, which are congregations of believers.
- The independence of the local church.
- The ordinances of Baptism by immersion and of the Lord’s Supper – being the only ordinances instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory and that when He returns He will raise the dead and judge the world. The wicked will be sent to eternal punishment and the righteous will be welcomed into a life of eternal joy in God’s presence.